Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Last, Laster, Lastest..........


This is the LAST time I will ever forget to use RET at the end of a subroutine. After hearing to Mani’s sardonic neigh after seeing the program, that will always ring in my ears whenever I write a subroutine.

This is the LASTER time I will ever go around announcing on the public address system about the two lost ‘strippers’ of the five strippers that were with us when all I meant was this.


This is the LASTEST time, I will ever witness a truly democratic election in my life. Oh! It is worth describing democracy…….


2:45:14 PM Our 'beloved' HOD enters the Electronics Lab and says Excuse ME to a student seriously working on a system.


2:45:15 PM The student startled turns around [action not required for the completion of the scene]


2:45:17 PM Two swift hand motions from the choreography trained HOD. The first one to indicate all students to get off their seats and the second one to beckon them to come closer [action takes approx 380 msec]


2:45:18 PM Students begin to notice the big smile on the Don’s face and cant resist a laugh.[ Action censored by the censor board]


2:45:19 PM The Don begins his speech – “Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Keyboards and Monitors. Today, I want YOU ALL to elect two people to represent your class. Since our college is ISO certified, we have system of 50% reservation for the fairer sex. So I want YOU to elect one boy and one girl”


2:45:23 PM Turns towards a guy standing nearby and asks him “Will you become?” [Heaven knows what!] “OK then, who else”.


2:45:25 PM This ‘gem’ of a lecturer passing by jumps in “Ivaranna thogoLi saar…” “Yaaru?” “Ivare, Ivare”


2:45:28 PM “OK then thank you all of you”


2:45:30 PM A harsh squeaking of the Lab door is heard and Keyboards and Monitors return back to their work.


A 17 second Election. Hail Democracy!


PS: Not meant to hurt anyone. If hurt – what can I do???

PS: The title is an intended error and doesn’t denote my ignorance of Uncle Sam’s tongue.

No comments: