Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It pains me......

This is some sort of a political blog. Call me BJP chamcha, call me Cong basher, call me whatsoever you like. but the truth is the people of karnataka are put to shame. I just cannot hold my head high in my own state (isn't it obvious, for there are a more shivajis and rajajis than Yeddis??) I'll tell you why, in the not so distant past, I used to ridicule Laloooji (with many more o's in between) in all my conversations with Mishraji. I used to tease Kalyani with taunts against M'rastra Ekikarana Samithi (which incidentally has a Kannada spelling for the middle word) I was the one who mocked at Kalaignar for his immature statements over Engineering degrees (more so for the irrelevance of Engg degrees)

Ladies and Gentlemen, it was I who rolled with laughter when Hari told me of Andhra politicos' street fight. I, mocked at Mul'yam Singh (he always reminds me of a delicacy my granny prepares - shankarpoLi) and the infamous UP mein dum hain campaign. Now, the roles are reversed.

As in the Guru movie dialogue
Lekin aaj...........saara Hindustan.....mujhpe jhor jhor se haans rahi hai
Why? Oh you want reasons for it too?? This father and son who claim to be sons of the soil (is there soil left in Govt Ambassadors and Posh Bungalows??) have put me in this situation. Now every goddamn politician even on Rajya Sabha ticket from Bihar says Karnataka stands for Kar-nataka. To add injury to insult (dont know where I got this phrase from) they talk of ethics and understanding. Coooooool, isnt it??

When will these guys learn, the Cong created a big drama by luring away DG, our High command Madam hasn't even met him since the last Indigoish Green moon, whenever it was. And worse, we have an indirect rule in the name of Madame Prez (haven't we all read the Prez is a Nominal Executive?) Wherever I go, I hear people laughing, laughing at antics of our politicians, laughing at me, I'm getting paranoid. I'll stop this here otherwise I just might manage getting struck off from electoral rolls for mental instability.

But this one takes the cake, a reader had written to Deccan Herald
JDS must be renamed as DG(S), no prizes for guessing - Deve Gowda (Sons)

2 comments:

0RI0N said...

There is only one possible solution to end this madness which is to exercise your vote, and I'm sure you will.. and make sure everyone you know also votes..

I quote from Einstein "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it".

Prithvi S Acharya said...

Karnataka politics has become like a well planned and plotted story. Thankfully, the disturbing politico scene hasn't deeply impacted our routine life (in the urban scenario anyway).

And if I may be so brash, neither party is as bothered about development as they are about politics; having said that, I guess Yeddi wouldn't be such a bad idea.